Intention/Commitment are here! Please be sure that each player and a parent has reviewed the intention & commitment form before coming to tryouts.
Maine Juniors provides complete tournament schedules and costs for each team and we pride ourselves on being transparent. We want to provide your family with ALL information you need BEFORE tryouts to be fair to your decision making and commitment processes.
Why do we file a “Team Intention & Commitment Form?” And when am I 100% committed?
As our coaches complete team selections, they will be choosing 10-11 players for the best team possible. Factors will include data from spotlight drills and vertical reach/jump abilities; observed talent, effort, peer support and consistency; positional considerations and any other factor the coach wishes based upon their observations of the players. We must know who we can consider for each team.
Team Intention & Club-Player-Parent Commitment Form: The Form assists you to make almost all up-front considerations in advance for your family decision prior to team selection. Knowing costs, tournament participation, practice frequency and our mutual commitment to each other in advance is a hallmark of our Maine Juniors experience. We confirm this with the Team Intention and Club, Player and Parent Commitment Form. Without your explicit commitment, coaches may not select teams that include the best players for each level and there would be significant confusion and delays
The Phone Call: Our coaches will contact your player with a team offer and acceptance of the team placement in this phone call finalizes your commitment.
- We need your player available at the time noted at tryouts and at the phone number you gave to us on the tryout form for “tryout results.”
Be prepared as a family to commit. Once a coach receives a “Yes,” your child is on a team and to back out later would deny another player a spot on that team.
- You will be financially committed to the team upon verbal acceptance of the team offer (backed up by the obligation form).
- To delay at all stalls our coaches and the 30-40 other families in the selection process, so we will be seeking an answer.
- Our coaches are prepared to explain how the ‘expect’ to utilize your player during the year – a description that has lots of potential to Change as the year goes on. They will give you the best feel they have for that at the time.
- Injuries to other players, determination/effort and improvement, positional adjustments, availability for tournaments and other factors could change this first impression or plan for utilization within the team.
- Remember too, your player will improve the most on a team competing at the highest levels in practice and in competition. 90% of the season is encompassed in practices and training, not just playing time at any given tournament.