Team parents are an integral part of every Maine Juniors Volleyball Team. It’s a great way to directly help your players team!
If you decide to become a team parent, the most common functions might be:
- Make sure players are squared away for travel arrangements- as asked by coach, This can include just knowing in advance that everyone has a ride/who’s going with who, what time we need to be where, are we “caravaning?” to finding a good hotel for the group and making reservations at a good price, to organizing who will bring snacks this trip, to secret buddies for the trip, etc. It can also be about finding a good hotel in the case of Silver and Gold teams who travel to 2 and 3 day tourneys.
- Collector of all the coaching evaluations mid-season and end of season- mail to Director
- Helping to be sure uniform orders are complete and on time; distributing uniforms when they come; can also be “all things apparel” such as helping girls to choose and order team socks, for example. There are also apparel fundraising chores (delivery to the team).
- Another fun chore- and very helpful to the coach- can be organizing a team building activity (ex. pizza party) or end-of-season get-together.
- Delivering equipment or delivering fund-raising items
- The above are tried and true duties, but it’s nice to have someone you can ask for the misc. stuff, too that may come up, so a “and other duties” is a good throw-in at the end of the job description.