Effective March 5: Travel from Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island are exempted from Maine’s test or quarantine requirement, joining Vermont and New Hampshire.
Beginning Monday, January 18, players must complete their COVID screening form electronically, at least two hours before the start of practice. Forms are specific to each team and will be shared by coaches. If you have not received or cannot find your screening form, please reach out to your coach directly.
Use of this form by all players for all practices is required. The purpose is two-fold: this will allow us to ensure COVID protocol compliance, and will streamline practice check-in for each session.
If you do not complete the form the day of, you cannot attend practice. If you know you will be absent from practice for any reason, please notify your coach as soon as you are able.
Please review our Maine Juniors COVID screening questions daily before attending practice. If you feel sick, please notify your coach that you cannot attend practice. Let’s work together to keep our teammates and coaches safe and healthy!
ENTERING THE MAINE SPORTS ARENA FOR PRACTICES:
– All Maine Juniors Athletes are to proceed to the left side of the OA building to enter the Maine Sports Arena using the Court 1 outer doors
– Doors to this entrance will be opened 10 minutes before each practice start time
– Your coach will text your team when it is ok for you to proceed to check-in
– Reminder to stay socially distanced while waiting to enter the arena
– When entering the arena, each player will have their temperature taken and will be asked the COVID screening questions. Please answer these questions honestly
– After your temperature check and screening is done, proceed immediately to your assigned practice court and find a “x” mark on the wall to put your backpack, water, etc. and change into your sneakers
– Once you are dressed and ready, immediately proceed to your team’s assigned court to set up nets (if applicable) and warm up
EXITING THE MAINE SPORTS ARENA AFTER PRACTICES:
– At end of your scheduled practice time and take down of nets (if applicable), all athletes are to immediately get ready for exiting the arena
– Once your entire team is ready to exit, proceed WITH YOUR COACH to the following exits staying socially distanced at all times:
- Teams practicing weekday evenings on courts 1, 2 and/or 3: Proceed to the main doors to the lobby to exit the arena
- Teams practicing weekday evenings on courts 4 and/or 5:
- Early practices – proceed to the main doors to the lobby to exit the arena
- Late practices – proceed to the far interior doors of the arena to exit
- For Sunday practices: Coaches will lead teams to the exit that minimizes contact with others in the facility
– Players must immediately exit the OA facility staying socially distanced. Rides should be waiting in the parking lot at the end of scheduled practice times
– Teams are cohorted to adhere to CDC guidelines – remain on your assigned court(s)
– Masks are to be worn at all times except for socially distanced water breaks
– Bring enough water for entire practice – water fountains are turned off
– Hand sanitize when entering/exiting and frequently during breaks
– Complete COVID procedures and FAQ’s can be found on our COVID overview page should you wish to review
– Please make sure that a parent is available should an athlete need to be picked up due to issue with screening and/or illness
(updated as of January 2, 2021)
December 4 Update: There are no changes to tryout plans below (plans are for socially distant skills and drills with limited players on each court). We will begin team practices on January 4 per the updated CDC Community Sports Guidelines.
November 28 Update: Maine Juniors will use the opportunity provided by the November change to the Maine CDC’s Community Sports Guidelines to run skills, drills and conditioning beginning December 7; scrimmages cannot be held until later per the current guidelines. As such, we will begin our tryouts on December 7, though tryouts will look different than our returning players might expect. We will continue to focus on keeping our players, coaches and volunteers safe and healthy while also getting everyone back to the sport we love.
A full schedule of the tryout dates and times, including mandatory parent meetings, is available at mainejuniors.org/tryouts.