Join former Cornell and UMaine head coach Sue Medley for a three-hour clinic that focuses on how to be a good team defender, including floor defense, blocking, transition to terminating offense and game-like situations. High school players of all experience levels as well as 8th graders who have played with Maine Juniors are welcome to attend.
Maine CDC Community Sports Guidelines will be followed and COVID-19 protocols will be enforced.
When: Friday, October 16, 6 – 9 PM
Where: Maine Sports Arena, 15 Lund Road, Saco
Who: Any high school age player of any experience level
How Much: $40 for Maine Juniors players; $50 all others
Join us under the Arena lights for some safe, fun, INDOOR volleyball!
Players must be registered with a COVID waiver on file by 8 PM on October 15 to participate. No last-minute registrations or walk ins allowed. [PDF: Maine Juniors Waiver]
Maine CDC COVID-related protocols for Community Sports will be followed. Those registering will receive a detailed list. Players must bring their own masks (required when not on the court), water for the three hours and snacks, if desired. Players must agree to follow health-related instructions, including temperature check at check-in and social distancing at all times except when the drills and games don’t permit it. Spectators and all non-players will not be permitted inside the MSA. [PDF: Maine Sports Arena Volleyball Camp Athlete Protocol]
About the clinician:
- University of Notre Dame, Volleyball Student-Athlete
- Collegiate Coaching Experience – Women’s Volleyball
- Saint Mary’s College, Notre Dame, IN – Head Coach
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS – Assistant Coach/Interim Head Coach
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY – Head Volleyball Coach
- University of Maine – Head Volleyball Coach
- USA Volleyball High Performance Program
- IREVA Region, Director – 2006 – present
- Coaching cadre – USA Volleyball High Performance Camps and Clinics – various
Registration is now closed for this clinic.