My Name: Katie Marsh
Team: 18 Blue
Coaching certification course completed in Australia.
My first coaching job was for a team composed of juniors and seniors at a private school in Australia. Then I coached the juniors team at my volleyball club, Eastside Hawks.
University of New England, 4 years
– 1,000+ career digs
– CCC Scholar Athlete of the Year
– Academic All-Conference x3
– Defensive Player of the year x2
– Third Team All-Conference
Club Volleyball – Eastside Hawks Melbourne, Australia
– Premiers Championship
– D1 championship
– D2 championship
Greater Melbourne Volleyball Academy – Melbourne, Australia
– coached by Luke Campbell and Bec Walter
– skills and position training
– fitness conditioning program
High School – Wesley College, Melbourne, Australia
– Varsity Team co-captain
Australian Junior Beach Volleyball Championships
– Competed in both U19 and U17 age groups
– Finished in the top ten each year
I’m looking forward to seeing my team improve throughout the season.
Why I Love Coaching:
I was extremely fortunate to have the coaches that I did growing up and learning the game. I am excited to pass on what they’ve taught me to other players who love the game and want to improve.
My Day Job:
I am a senior at the University of New England. I am completing a double major; political science and global studies with a double minor; economics and history.
I have lived all over the US and in Australia.
Tuna fish casserole