Intention/Commitment are here! Please be sure that each player and a parent has reviewed the intention & commitment form before coming to tryouts.
Maine Juniors provides complete tournament schedules and costs for each team and we pride ourselves on being transparent. We want to provide your family with ALL information you need BEFORE tryouts to be fair to your decision making and commitment processes.
When you check-in at your first tryout, you and your parent will be asked to sign the check-in form with the following agreement statement (this is the same statement(s) that appear on the registration form):
Maine Juniors is a volleyball club dedicated to fostering the values that support our core culture:
- We exhibit care and concern, respect and support for each athlete, their parents and each other.
- We exhibit a high level of sportsmanship.
- We realize and encourage the value of being the best teammate each player can be.
- We understand that (1) and (2) above take precedent over winning.
- We exhibit pursuit of on-court and off-court excellence.
- We exhibit pursuit of organizational excellence.
In order for us to continue to adhere to these values and strengthen our culture as a club, it is important that EVERYONE involved, including players and parents, commit to these values as well. Please indicate your commitment to the club and understanding of these expectations by checking the box below.
PARENTS AND PLAYERS: Review the Practice, Tournament and Cost Information on the applicable form below and make sure you understand the level of commitment required for the team(s) for which you selected above.
You and your parent will be asked to verify and sign the information given here at your first tryout session.
- We understand and agree that by trying out for a Maine Juniors Volleyball Club team we commit to expectations of regular attendance, behavior acceptable to the Club, good sportsmanship and that we will meet our financial requirement in full*. Failure to abide by any of the above stated Club expectations and respective parent and player obligations may result in the player’s suspension or termination at the discretion of the Director. *Because parents and players understand that the Club depends on the income from those who accept a spot on a team, they further agree that payments will be paid according to the schedule of payments set by Maine Juniors unless the Director, John Razsa, or his agent, has approved an alternative payment plan in writing. This financial commitment is binding only once a player or parent (family) makes a verbal commitment to a coach who has offered a position on a team. We have never, and will never, retain a dues deposit or team payment from a player/family who does not accept a spot on a team. However, once accepted, another player cannot be offered that position and all commitments, including terms of payments, are binding.
- I hereby give my consent to Maine Juniors administrators, coaches or volunteers to photograph, film, videotape and then use, reproduce, and publish images of me and/or my child. I hereby release the Maine Juniors Volleyball Club and his/her legal representatives and assigns from any and all claims whatsoever in connection with the use, reproduction, publication of the images thereof. I understand that if I would like to not have my player’s pictures published in any way, that I may request a release from the Maine Juniors Volleyball club that clarifies and formalizes my request. This applies as well to basic information about my player which may be used in award and other announcements made by the club, to include Name, height, MJ Team, grade and volleyball related information like reach and vertical.
Your Agreement (on the registration form) says: I HAVE REVIEWED THIS INFORMATION WITH MY PARENT AND we understand and agree that by trying out for a Maine Juniors Volleyball Club team we agree to expectations of regular attendance, behavior acceptable to the Club, good sportsmanship and that we will meet our financial requirement in full. Failure to abide by any of the above stated Club expectations and respective parent and player obligations may result in the player’s suspension or termination at the discretion of the Director.
Below is an example of a one page visual with the team, cost, practices, and tournaments FROM 2017-2018 clearly laid out. We will provide a similar document for the 2018-2019 season when it is ready.
Click the image below to open a PDF. THIS IS A SAMPLE ONLY.
Why do we file a “Team Intention & Commitment Form?” And when am I 100% committed?
As our coaches complete team selections, they will be choosing 10-11 players for the best team possible. Factors will include data from spotlight drills and vertical reach/jump abilities; observed talent, effort, peer support and consistency; positional considerations and any other factor the coach wishes based upon their observations of the players. We must know who we can consider for each team.
Team Intention & Club-Player-Parent Commitment Form: The Form assists you to make almost all up-front considerations in advance for your family decision prior to team selection. Knowing costs, tournament participation, practice frequency and our mutual commitment to each other in advance is a hallmark of our Maine Juniors experience. We confirm this with the Team Intention and Club, Player and Parent Commitment Form. Without your explicit commitment, coaches may not select teams that include the best players for each level and there would be significant confusion and delays
The Phone Call: Our coaches will contact your player with a team offer and acceptance of the team placement in this phone call finalizes your commitment.
- We need your player available at the time noted at tryouts and at the phone number you gave to us on the tryout form for “tryout results.”
Be prepared as a family to commit. Once a coach receives a “Yes,” your child is on a team and to back out later would deny another player a spot on that team.
- You will be financially committed to the team upon verbal acceptance of the team offer (backed up by the obligation form).
- To delay at all stalls our coaches and the 30-40 other families in the selection process, so we will be seeking an answer.
- Our coaches are prepared to explain how the ‘expect’ to utilize your player during the year – a description that has lots of potential to Change as the year goes on. They will give you the best feel they have for that at the time.
- Injuries to other players, determination/effort and improvement, positional adjustments, availability for tournaments and other factors could change this first impression or plan for utilization within the team.
- Remember too, your player will improve the most on a team competing at the highest levels in practice and in competition. 90% of the season is encompassed in practices and training, not just playing time at any given tournament.