Ahead of Time
Maine Juniors Registration Form: You don’t need to bring it with you, but please make sure you have completed the registration form prior to the weekend of tryouts. This is how we know to expect you!
USAV Membership: Follow instructions online to register or renew with USA Volleyball. You may not enter the gym without a current USA Volleyball membership!
What You Need to Bring to Tryouts
- Required medical form. Please be sure to fill in insurance information. Extra medical forms can be found and printed off our website.
- USAV Registration/Card. Be sure you have registered for USA Volleyball. Please bring a copy of your card with you to tryouts. (This is an insurance requirement; you will not be allowed in the gym without this).
- Maine Sports Arena Waiver. This waiver must be read and signed before the individual will be allowed to take part in any sanctioned activity (by example only: training, competition, practice/warm – up sessions, meeting or testing sessions). This document must be completed legibly, only by the participant and/or the participant’s guardian. A new waiver is required for all players at the start of a new season.
- Tryout Fee and Dues Deposit. If you did not pay online when you registered, be sure to bring a check or credit card to pay the tryout fee and dues deposit. If you are new to the club or need a new/additional uniform and did not order one during registration, you’ll need to order and pay for one at tryouts. Uniform purchase is a tryout requirement.
- Review your team selection commitments. When you registered, you selected the teams for which you’d like to be considered and agreed to this statement: “I HAVE REVIEWED THIS INFORMATION WITH MY PARENT AND we understand and agree that by trying out for a Maine Juniors Volleyball Club team we agree to expectations of regular attendance, behavior acceptable to the Club, good sportsmanship and that we will meet our financial requirement in full. Failure to abide by any of the above stated Club expectations and respective parent and player obligations may result in the player’s suspension or termination at the discretion of the Director.” Be sure to review your selections, the time commitment, and the fees with your parent(s). You and a parent will be signing a form agreeing to pay the dues for the team for which you are selected and accept a spot.
- Optional player/coach form (if your player is on a high school team). This is completely optional.
Please arrive promptly and early within the registration window. You will want your daughter’s registration completed 15-30 minutes prior to her on-court tryouts. She will want to see her friends and warm up!
A t-shirt will be provided. Your player should bring water, be dressed appropriately and bring spirit, determination and attitude to the court for tryouts!
Do NOT bring a volleyball. We will provide balls for tryouts.
All tryout sessions are closed. Parents may not enter the gym for any reason.
A mandatory parent meeting will take place at the MSA on the first day of each age level’s tryout. This meeting will kick off once all players have entered the gym. Even if you are a returning family, things may have changed from last season and you are requested to attend. Time will be available for Q&A with Director John Razsa during this meeting.
Following the last tryout session, you must be available at the phone number you provided on the registration form for “tryout results.” Our coaches will contact your player with a team offer and acceptance of the team placement in this phone call finalizes your commitment. Please be available to take phone calls during the contact period discussed during the parent meeting.
Thank you for your consideration of Maine Juniors and we truly look forward to seeing our new and returning players at tryouts!